SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bookert_gw

Used Asko or Miele?

bookert
13 years ago

In the near future I will be needing to replace my GE Harmony (no heater) HE washer, due to the electronics going out.. =( I didn't renew the service contract.

Does anyone have just the washer not connected to the dryer?

I love my GE Harmony dryer and since I paid to have it converted to propane, I'd like to keep it.

I've read that the Asko's need to be plugged in to one another. Not sure about the Miele's but I think I read they require this too.

I'm on a tight budget so buying new is NOT an option.

I've found a newer Asko set for under $1K. Is this considered a deal?

I also do NOT have 220v, so would need to have it installed.

No idea if this would be a deal breaker as far as cost goes to have this installed.

I would try to sell off the dryer in case I have to buy a set.

Lastly, the unit would be on a wood foundation in a laundry room. Years ago I had a LG FL and it had to be returned due to excessive vibration during spins. It was leveled properly. Had good luck with a Duet FL before that, but the control panel cracked in less than one year so I replaced it finally with my current unit.

I have very few whites so the hot hot wash is not necessary to me. My goal is to have properly rinsed clothes.

I'd like to have a unit for a long period of time with fewer repairs. I had to replace the transmission last year on the Harmony, but it was covered under the warranty I bought.

I appreciate any comments and/or suggestions anyone may have.

Please tell me your experiences good or bad with your units if possible as well.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (7)