SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Calling all Southerners! Let's Talk GRITS.

claire_de_luna
13 years ago

I don't know why I'm craving Grits, but there you have it. I'm heading to Little Rock next week and am pretty sure I can find some on the menu while I'm there. Cathy and I had a short discussion about them, and I'm on a quest to make some myself. I like them plain with butter, but my favorite way to eat them is doctored up with stuff like cheese, bacon, or shrimp. Is it simply wrong to put onions in grits? (Because I'm sure I'd like them that way too.)

Do you like to use chicken broth for the liquid, or something else more creamy like half and half?

I have a bag of Bob's Red Mill, ''Corn Grits a/k/a Polenta'' in the pantry. The trouble is, I've forgotten how long I've had it! I know you're going to tell me to throw it out and start over. Is there anyone who would advise otherwise? (I'm sure I already know the answer to that question, but am tossing it out there just in case, since You Never Know!)

So...I guess what I'm asking you my good southern friends is...would you share your favorite grits recipe?

Comments (40)