SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livebetter

Cheer Detergent Mystery?

livebetter
12 years ago

So, based on the comments of some members, I went out and got a box of Cheer (non-HE) powder. You have to know this is completely against what I believe about using HE in my Miele.

I have to say ... so far ... I really like it a lot. It smells so mild and there were very few suds and it seemed to rinse clean.

Items smelled clean without smelling much - less than Tide and Persil - just a nice clean (almost soapy smell). I find the scent much milder than liquid Cheer HE (which to me is almosst "sweet" smelling).

Now, I know P&G made an HE version once (for what I'm not sure). When I look at the Cheer information compared to the Tide information - Cheer seems more like Tide HE than non-HE Tide.

For example;

Tide non-HE powder, 31 loads, 1.5 kg

Tide HE powder, 40 loads, 1.5 kg

Cheer non-HE powder, 40 loads, 1.5 kg (same as Tide HE)

When I compare the ingredient list on line, both the Cheer HE and the Cheer non-HE have the exact same ingredients in the same order.

Sodium Carbonate

Sodium Alluminosilicate

Alkyl Sulfate

Sodium Sulfate

Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate

Water

Silicate

Sodium Percarbonate

Ethoxylate

Polyethylene Glycol 4000

Sodium Polyacrylate

Fragrance

Protease

Silicone

I guess I'll email P&G about it but it's a mystery to me. I will be VERY happy if Cheer powder is good to use in my FL machine because it seems to fill the void I've been searching to fill. Granted it's not green but I'm pleasantly surprised how mild the scent is for a conventional brand.

Any thoughts from other members?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County