SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Cheer vs Persil Pearls

mamapinky0
7 years ago

I've heard mention a few times about Cheer having Sodium percarbonate and Persil Pearls of course does, the question has been though if Cheer is designed for darks and contains OXY than why can't Persil Pearls also safely be used on colors or darks.

Sodium Percarbonate (oxygen bleach) and Chlorine bleach neutrilize each other, however it only takes a small amount of the SP to do the job, not enough to cause fading or have any effect on whitening. P&G only adds enough SP to powdered Cheer to neutrilize the chlorine in tap water, that is Cheers *Colorguard*

Persil Pearls however have much more SP in the formula. Enough to whiten your whites AND enough to cause fading of your colors.

To my knowledge Cheer is the only detergent that touts its use of SP as a colorguard.

Oxygen Bleach used to be called the Color Safe Bleach and I suppose it is but there are some BUTS ..if a detergent contains SP and does not contain a bleach activator its probably safe on colors if your not using hot water since heat will activate the SP.

If it does contain a bleach activator it will activate even in cooler temps..which means it can cause fading.

I think most Americans want one detergent that fits all...Europeans have long since known there's no such detergent. At the very least we need a detergent for colors, for whites, for darks and one for Wool, silk, down...that's 4 different formulas.

We can't expect our blacks to stay black if were using a whites detergent on them, nor can we expect our whites to stay brilliantly white if were not using either a whites detergent or chlorine bleach.

So no Cheer and Persil Pearls are not going to give the same long term results on darks since one is designed to protect darks and one is designed to whiten.

Comments (31)