SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmhall2000

Need a new washer...FL or TL? Have no clue on brands....

lmhall2000
16 years ago

We've had our Whirlpool for over 15 years and although we've only had one service call ($80) we really want to move on to something new since we're moving into a new house...this set has been through 9 moves (some across the country) so we just would like to start fresh and hopefully stay put for 20 years! :)

Concern on FL...although dh does much of the laundry, my back can't handle the awkward bend down to reach the inner portions of the washer..I could recruit my 3 children for this and that may be my solution. Any of you experience back issues without the pedestal....I think the pedestal would take up too much space and practically swallow the wall my units are on.

TL...I looked at the Cabrio, but read very mixed reviews...I try to stay away from newly introduced models...

Brands...Miele, GE, Whirlpool, Fisher something...I know we all want to be proud of our choices, but are there any that you consistently want to avoid?

We have 3 kids (ages 8-12) so they'll be with us for atleast 10 years and we're moving to a farm with horses so there will be lots of dust and mud...really need a good cleaning machine...

Thanks for your tips and pointers!

Tara

Comments (14)