SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelellen_gw

Those lazy, hazy, crazy (HOT) days of Summer...

rachelellen
13 years ago

Okay, we're officially too hot 'round here. Anything up to 90 degrees I can tolerate, but we've past that.

So...............It's TOO HOT TO COOK! (Inside, at least.)

I've trussed a chicken and dusted it with granulated onion & garlic, celery salt, black pepper, and paprika, and it will go into my rotisserie oven OUTDOORS in an hour or so.

The veggie stand down the street had some lovely young Summer squashes, which are going to be brushed with olive oil & za'atar and grilled on the bbq OUTDOORS.

I've leftover Basmati rice from last night, which, with the addition of lemon juice, zest, kari leaves, chana dal & Indian spices will become lemon rice pilaf...cooked indoors, but the actual cooking time is very brief.

The stand also had some beautiful green beans and beets, which I steamed this morning before it got too hot and put in the fridge to chill...with red onions & a vinaigrette they'll make a really nice salad.

The whole dinner will require me to have one burner on for about 7 minutes.

Oh, and I've a pot of beef stock simmering...on a hot plate on the patio, OUTDOORS!! :D

Why add to the indoor heat by using the oven/burners only to pay for air conditioning in counteracting it??

My patio becomes my second kitchen in the Summer, how about all of you?

Comments (20)