SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz_h_gw

Maybe it's time to introduce myself :-)

liz_h
15 years ago

Hi!

I recognize a lot of names from other GW forums, especially Kitchens, and I've posted here a bit. My husband & I built our forever house and moved in about 2 years ago. We live in a heavily wooded area, though in the city limits. DH designed the house with plenty of input from me. Stylewise, it's sort of craftsmen meets mid-century modern. That may sound odd, but we like it. :) Not having to consider resale value allows us to do things to please only ourselves.

We share our house with Priscilla, a 12 year old cat who thinks she's still a kitten. She needs another feline friend in the house. Now that she's an only cat, she talks to us a lot!

At one time I planned to furnish our living room as soon as the house was done. But after all the cost overruns and construction problems, we were so shell-shocked we weren't ready to even think about it. Then a lot of other things came up and we had more than enough to deal with. But now we're ready to make this room look as nice as it can - and get some furniture that supports my back.

I'll be posting plenty of questions soon.

Comments (13)