SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slateberry

oops forgot to introduce myself

slateberry
15 years ago

I seem to remember reading a thread on here about forum etiquette and how people are put off when someone just randomly pops in. I think that's a really good point, so here goes:

I bought a house a little over a year ago. I spend a lot of time on kitchens, bathrooms, and the old house forums. I ASPIRE to spending time on this forum! iow, when I get the bones and basics of the house pinned down, I look forward to focusing on decor more.

The house is a 120 yo Queen Anne victorian west of Boston. I love all things arts and crafts and William Morris, also lost wax cast brass. I like to think of my style as victorian lite eclectic, which I define as, some sort of nod to victorian detail in each room (it may be the hardware, the wallpaper, the window treatment, or the furniture, but not all of the above, that would be too heavy for me), mixed with Whatever I Happen to Like (that's the eclectic part).

The cushions I'm covering are for a set of 80 yo wicker furniture on an enclosed front porch (yeah, CL!). They came without cushions and I just about had a heart attack when I bought the foam for them. All summer they've been wrapped in sheets, it's beyond shabby-cottagey looking and I really want to get them properly covered before spring (tho looking out the window at the frigid snowy landscape, don't know what I'm worried about!).

Anyway, so that's where I'm at. I look forward to hearing from the community, I hope, and contributing, but only very lightly--I'm the type of person who decorates a room, and it looks OK, but not quite right. So it's probably best if I stick to questions and leave the answers to the people who are actually successful at decorating.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County