SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlc712_gw

How would you arrange my family room? pics

jlc712
14 years ago

Okay. Please don't be scared. I can't believe I'm going to post these. Here is my poor naked family room. I just took down all my Christmas decorations, and haven't gotten my usual stuff back out.

I thought this would be the perfect time to try out yet another furniture arrangement. I have rearranged this room countless times, and I'm never very happy with it.

This is our family room, where we spend almost all of our time. It is a tough room to arrange, since it's long and narrow (about 12 x 24)and has no real focal point. The TV has to stay where it is due to the wiring. My furniture is getting old and sad, and it's really too big for the room, but it will have to do for a while. The flash really seems to wash everything out-- it is not so blah IRL. My couch and big chair are sage green, the rug is camel, and the walls are Botany Beige. Yes, the light fixtures are awful and I will replace them eventually.

The table at one end is where we eat most of our meals, and do work and projects. The kitchen is right through the big doorway.

I am eager to hear your thoughts and ideas! This first pic is taken from the kitchen:

This is from the corner by the table:

And this is looking from the opposite corner:

Thanks,

Jen

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!