SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmsscs_gw

Tall Pantry gone wrong

lmsscs
10 years ago

Finally my cabinets have arrived today. I was so excited that I decided to get right on ordering my pull out pantry components for my 18x90 pantry that was shipped empty with the top and bottom door joined together shipped loose. All sounds great right.

Turns out there is a fixed shelf in the pantry that no one made me aware of. I wanted to put the Hafele tall pantry pull out in the cabinet. But with this fixed shelf I hit a wall. I've played out the following scenarios but I just don't know what will work.

1. See if we can remove the shelf, but I really don't want to be hacking apart my brand new, beautiful cabinet.

2. Could we cut a channel in the shelf to have the back support bar run through for the pull-out insert. But that assumes a couple things, first that the support bar doesn't go all the way to the back of the cabinet, if it does then I'm back to plan 1 and the second assumption is that the pantry layout will work to allow for me to not put a slide out pantry shelf just above the fixed and nothing can collide with the fixed shelf from the pull-out shelf below. (it just feels like a huge compromise for what felt like a very planned out kitchen)

3. That I put in a pull-out in the bottom section only, but seems odd with the doors joined together and very limited accessibility to the top units which would likely have to be on roll outs to be useful.

4. Put in two pull-out units, one for the top and one for the bottom, only problem is the top is 29" and I haven't been able to find a pull-out with that dimension so far. The other problem I see here is the two pull-outs would have to work the same since the door is joined.

Which option do you think is best, any other ideas?

Comments (11)