SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carydan

Is this bad or I am over-reacting?

carydan
14 years ago

After two days of work, the new Heatpump/Air Handler is up running. Old flex ducts was reused. I have some concerns on the duct work. Can you guys take a look and tell me if this is bad or I am over-reacting...

1. Pic below shows they used ShurTape 857, which is 14 mil Specialty grade cloth duct tape. I read hardcast or any other mastic tape is the best. When I asked them and told them I am willing to pay for the best tape, they said mastic tape on flex connection is not permited by the code. Pretty much all my flex has this duct tape and the white duct sealoon painted on top. Is it okay if I go buy mastic tape myself and wrap around on top of the white stuff?
{{!gwi}}From hvac ducts

2. Pic belows shows a 10" flex supply sandwiched in between two return flex (14" and 10"). I know flex crossover like that is bad but they said no worry it's not that bad. Is this kind thing to avoid at all cost?
{{!gwi}}From hvac ducts

3. The next pic shows a 10" supply connects to 6 6" flex take-off. All go to bedrooms down below that are the two most important rooms in the house. It looks ugly, worse than what I had before which had a D-box and 6 take-offs on the D-box. I am concerned about it very much. I also believe if looks bad it probably won't perform optimum. It will run, sure but... Again, they told me not worry and trust them. I have an idea to have the hard duct hanging on the roof collor and connect all the take-offs from below, that should make air flow better in my mind. Should I tell them to fix it or I am over-reacting?
{{!gwi}}From hvac ducts

Any comments?

Comments (3)