SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chakrax

Fisher Paykel EcoSmart GWL10 water overflow

chakrax
13 years ago

I have a EcoSmart GWL10U2 model washer that has worked great for 8 years. Two days ago, a regular wash cycle resulted in the tub overflowing and water flooding the room.

I opened the top and retrieved the manual (which was wet in spite of being inside a plastic bag :-(). I went into diagnostic mode. The instructions say to press the spin speed up/down button until *only* the medium speed LED is on. When the medium speed LED is on, the red spin wash progress LED is also on - not sure if this is indicative of a fault or not. I'm able to see that the lid and out of balance levers cause the proper LEDs to activate. The drain pump and water valves work ok. There are no detailed fault codes.

I've did a few experiments. With just a single towel in the basket, a regular wash continues to fill the water level until I manually advance the cycle to rinse. Changing the water level setting between auto/high/medium/low does not seem to do anything. It seems to me that the water level sensor is probably faulty.

The booklet says that the pressure sensor used to detect the water level is part of the motor control module. Does this mean I need to replace the motor control module?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (9)