SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vegmom_gw

Miele Gurus - 1215 or 6065?

vegmom
17 years ago

Calling all Miele fans! :D

I made the mistake of purchasing an HE3T a few years ago and now need to replace the washer and dryer. DH and I have decided we are giving Sears and all other Americanized appliances the boot and will go with Miele. This is what I wanted the 1st time but we talked ourselves out of it due to price. What a mistake that was!

As most of you know, Miele dumbed down the 1215. I read as much as I could find on this forum and then called my local dealer. He admitted he wasn't thrilled with the changes in the US Miele either but did his best to help me out. So he started searching for a 1986. He was able to find the washer but not a matching dryer. He said I could stack the new model dryer on top of the 1986 but would have to do so w/out the stacking kit. DH and I ruled out this option because we have small children and felt it wasn't worth the safety risk if one of the kids decides to hang on the machine.

He then mentioned the new models coming in Jan. The capacity sounds great but I have a very small laundry room and must stack them in order to have space left for a sink and folding area. Even if I wanted them side by side w/ a counter on top, they would be too tall since they are 40 in. IÂm barely coming in at 5Â2" so a counter that high would not be comfortable for me.

This brings us to choosing either the 1215 and matching dryer or going all out and getting the Little Giant 6065 with matching dryer. The Little Giant looks incredible but we will incur other expenses for rewiring our laundry room for 2 phase 220V and adding extra support under the floor. For what IÂll spend on the Little Giant set, I would come close to buying two sets of the 1215 which would be great if I had 2 laundry rooms. (Dream!) But will I be forever kicking myself for getting the dumbed down machines instead of the real deal?

What to do?!

Here are my laundry issues:

Family w/ small children = big messes

Need 6K capacity (at least!) My avg load is 12-13 lbs and thatÂs w/ small kids. Their clothes are only going to get bigger.

Need to wash dog bedding

Child w/ eczema - so I need a machine that cleans everything and rinses well.

I rarely send anything to be cleaned. I usually clean all of our silk items, DHÂs wool slacks, dress shirts, my linen items, etc. Again, this is due to skin sensitivities.

Anything else I should think about? All help is welcome!

Comments (5)