SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellsasha

New Heating System 'Unbalanced'

ellsasha
16 years ago

I had a new a/c and heating system installed in August - Amana Condensing Unit, Amana Air Handler, 15kw heat strip, Honeywell air cleaner. My townhouse has 2 floors 1700 sq. ft. total.

The cooling system has worked well, however, I turned on the heat yesterday and the lower floor of my house heated well, with one vent blowing hotter than the rest (I have 5 vents downstairs). I have 4 vents upstairs 3 were blowing warm air satisfactorily but not as good as downstairs, but the vent in my master bedroom although blowing, the air is luke warm, in fact barely warm at all.

The guy who headed the installation team (and owner of the company) came over to inspect, made an adjustment to the "air balance" and said that was all that could be done as the system unit could not accommodate further change. He mentioned 3 heating strips, all he said were working. The air from the vent in the master bedroom is still blowing barely warm air. He told me that the only real solution was for me to keep all the doors in the upstairs rooms open to let the warm air circulate into the master bedroom. I paid $8,000 (hard earned dollars) for this unit including installation. Can anyone advise what options I might have, and offer any arguments I might go back to the installation company with to get the problem fixed. I appreciate any help.

Comments (17)