SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom24_gw

ARGHHH! Why is life so hard sometimes?

mom24
16 years ago

Don't get me wrong, in the grand scheme of things, life is good. I have 4 healthy children, a great marriage, my dog loves me best and my immediate family make up my list of my best friends. Having said that, sometimes I think when things get too quiet in Heaven, the Big Guy says, "I wonder how much Erin can handle?" And the answer is that I can usually handle pretty much in the way of stress and I understand that into each life a little rain must fall, but I'm no Noah. Now that we established all that, I'll give you the story. I started a new job yesterday. I have orientation this week and then training for a month. I love it. I love the company, I love being back in nursing... hell, I even love my supervisors so far. We have had to really juggle to figure out schedules to get the kids where they need to be at the right time and work around mine and my husband's schedules. For the past 8 years, I have been the primary caregiver of my children and we made sacrafices for that. One of those sacrafices is that we don't drive a new car and we share a car between the two of us. We were just getting ready to buy a second car to ease the trouble a little bit. On the way home from my second day of work, the transmission goes in the one car we have. No warning, nothing, just goes. In fact 5 minutes after it goes, the check engine light goes on... a bit late. So, the money we had for car number 2 will now go for a car for us to share again. And because I have to be at training and can't miss, my husband has to find one tomorrow because we can't keep renting one. And I know there are way worse things out there, but I'm tired and I needed to vent, so thanks for listening.

Comments (18)