why is this so hard

Ninapearl

on 11/30, it will be 5 years since i lost the love of my life. i don't know if it's because the "anniversary" is looming or what but this year, i am finding it particularly hard to put one foot in front of the other.

had thanksgiving with gary's family yesterday. everybody was there. everybody except him. it's all i could think about. there was absolutely no joy for me. for the first time in a long time, i had to go upstairs and be alone to cry. i try to put on a happy face but for some reason, right now i just can't.

i am supposed to go to another thanksgiving dinner tonight with my very best friends and i don't think i can do it. it's just too hard to see everybody with their spouses or significant others laughing and having a good time when ALL i can think about is gary not being here.

i haven't been big on the holidays ever since he died. i can't wait for them to be over. there is no joy, no happy thanksgiving, no merry christmas.

this just sucks. :(

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
summerblue

I'm so sorry. I understand completely. My husband died 2 years ago. Had dinner yesterday with my brother and his family and his wife's sisters and husbands. I couldn't wait to get home. Everyone was nice but it was so hard being alone. I don't do the holidays any more either. I am always on the verge of tears. We were together 35 years, I feel so lost. It does suck.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JoAnn_Fla

I agree with both of you. It's been almost 15 months for me and its not a bit easier. I'll be glad when the holidays are over too. I wound not want to be around friend with spouses either, its just too hard. Its hard because we cared so much.
I have no words, I am still trying to figure it out myself.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Materials A Hard Look at Recycled Plastic for the Home
It's durable and versatile, but processing takes a lot of energy. We sort through the facts on recycled plastic so you can choose wisely
Full Story
Remodeling Guides 9 Hard Questions to Ask When Shopping for Stone
Learn all about stone sizes, cracks, color issues and more so problems don't chip away at your design happiness later
Full Story
Landscape Design How to Choose a Fence That Feels Right and Works Hard
Making a thoughtful fencing choice now can create happiness for years to come
Full Story