SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shabruo

Still frustrated - opinions on pricing needed.

shabruo
13 years ago

Hello,

Sorry in advance for multiple post - but the more I read, the more confused I am becoming on quotes that we have gotten to install new system in our home. Background: Eugene, OR home with mild climate, 3500sq ft hillside home NW facing, lots of widows, but no direct southern light exposure. Currently we have only baseboard heating and two pellet stoves, and no ductwork. Our bids thus far have been for only Lennox products, specifically the XP17 heat pump, 5 ton unit, with either the CBX32MV or the CBX40UVH air handler. All bids have been in the neighborhood of $15k for equipment, labor, ductwork system, install, (everything but the electrical). This doesn't include the rebates that we will qualify for, and we are hoping to take advantage of several: federal, state, manufacturer, etc - basically anything we can qualify for - we're on a tight budget but would really like to do this before the rebates go away!

I get the sense from other follow up posts and from searching the board. So, I am wondering if those that have experience in the HVAC field can tell me:

General price range you would expect to see for this system and this work?

Other cost effective options of heat pumps? We got a bid a year ago for Carrier but it was beyond our means!

How about Rheem in comparison to Lennox? I've sent a request to a company that installs Rheem this evening to get a quote.

Again, apologies for posting again - I just really want to make sure we make the right decisions on such a large purchase, and something that we will be comfortable and happy with for years to come. This is frustrating and stressful! Please help with recommendations!

Many thanks.

Comments (5)