SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summerbabies

Pricing frustration! Blue Star, Capital...help!

summerbabies
13 years ago

I am trying to finalize my appliance selection--have narrowed it down (finally, thank you to this forum) to the Blue Star RCS 36" range or the RBN, or the 36" Capital Precision. I am also thinking an Electrolux single wall oven and cheapie MW, or Bosch 800 series single oven. MW not as important as range or oven, since we mostly use it for reheating or popcorn. I don't think I really need the RBN's awesome 22k BTUs, but since the RCS seems closer in price than I originally thought, I'll think about it.

BUT...it is impossible to find prices online! It seems like every dealer is coyly stating that one must call or email for prices. Is this a racket?? I did email two places--Plesser's and Number1 Direct, and they were $400 apart. I found the RCS at Costco in Canada. They probably won't ship to me in CO, although apparently I can RETURN it in CO. I wonder if they can order it for me in CO??? It's from PA, so why not? All they have on the US website is crappy Whirlpool.

So...if you have either the 36" Blue Star RCS or RBN, or the 36" Capital Precision, would you mind telling me what you paid for it and where you bought it? I do know from other posts that there are dealers on here who have hissy fits about pricing talk, so I can be emailed through this forum.

I am planning to visit the only local BS/Capital dealer today, so would like to have some idea of what the prices SHOULD be.

Thank you SO much!!!

Jean

Comments (20)