SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rochellep3

recommendations for large family?

15 years ago

I am hoping that if I post enough information about our laundry needs, that I will get some good suggestions about what would work for us. I have been lurking in the kitchen forum, but this is my first post in any of the forums.

So, I have 4 kids, maybe more in the future. My husband works on equipment all day and gets very grubby. We live in the country and the kids get grubby too. We are on a septic system, and have very hard well water. I sometimes use cloth diapers. Myself, I like to wear hand washable/delicate type natural fibers.

We had a frigidaire front loader and the pump went out. And yes, it had mold issues before it died. We have a bottom of the line whirlpool sm 8525492-A that we are using until our new house (next door, same set up) is done. It is definitely smaller than I would like. For the frequency with which I do loads of the different types, I always have a few items too many.

We hopefully will end up with a water softener, but I am not sure about that.

My husband was set on a Staber for being able to work on it himself. I am intrigued by the Fisher and Paykel. Obviously budget is a factor, but given my laundry needs, I want to be practical and am willing to spend the money to get something that lasts and works well for us. Oh, and I am not at all set on a matching drier, as a clothesline is much more important to me!

Comments (5)