SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atk148

Brazilian Walnut Floors, Carrara Marble Backsplash?

atk148
14 years ago

Hi there, I am renovating my kitchen and need some advice from those of you who have been there. Thanks in advance for any suggestions as this is my first time posting to the site.

My floors are brazilian walnut and have quite a bit of variation - some are a deep, almost espresso brown, but the majority of the colors are more yellow and red as far as undertones go - definitely on the warm end of the spectrum.

I have decided to go with white shaker-style cabinetry with stainless appliances, stainless hardware, etc. I will have an island in the middle of kitchen and the wall behind the hood will be open and tiled up to the top (about 4-5 feet in width). Other than that, it's a standard set up - no glass cabinet doors for now, but can always change that.

My question is around countertop/backsplash. I love the idea of carrara marble backsplash and have found a great deal on carrara mesh tile. Its white with light gray obviously, and I worry about it being too cool for the kitchen considering the flooring. Does anyone have suggestions for choosing a countertop to help tie it together, so I'm able to use the marble backsplash?

I was planning on a dark gray corian with brown undertones (medea), but it doesn't quite look right with the marble in my opinion.

Comments (5)