SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fnzzy

things that make your heart stop....

16 years ago

I had an old mud room/enclosed porch about 6x6 off my old back door. The door is gone now and the porch was waiting to be removed. I knew it was in bad shape as it leaked terribly and we could feel that it was rotted. Last spring my dad and dh started trying to fix it and realized it was beyond repair, which is what started this whole renovation in motion. It was the straw that broke the camels back..we knew everything was too far gone and needed to get scrapped.

Well today as my contractors are tearing it down they've discovered the whole thing is infested with not only carpenter ants but termites as well. Luckily it's cold and they're all half dead anyway. But they've yet to get up to where it was attached to the house.

Please everyone cross your fingers that the damage doesn't extend into the house...please please please. I'm pretty sure we're ok as I think they would have noticed it from the inside when we were down to studs..but who knows, maybe not. I'm so sick to think about what could be a major and costly problem.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville