SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Have You Heard Of Doing This?

Yesterday while at the vet's office, she asked Amber how she was going to handle the dogs with the new baby coming. I told her I had heard to take a baby blanket to the hospital when the baby is born and wrap it in the blanket and bring the blanket home and let the dogs smell it. She said to get a doll and wrap it in a blanket and carry it around like a baby so the dogs will get used to seeing "Mom" carrying a baby. Well, I had never heard of doing that, but it is worth a try. So I went though my stash of dolls I collected over the summer and found I had this great baby doll that is 19 inches long, big blue eyes and cries and laughs and coos and things. I cleaned it all up and got out a baby dress and dressed it all up. The dress is cute, pale pink with lots of white lace and ribbons and it has a matching bonnet. Then I wrapped it in a big soft baby blanket. I will give it to Amber and Mike the next time I see them and tell them the stork left it here instead of at their house. So now it is all ready to be carried about the house and put to bed in the crib. Have you ever heard of doing this for the dogs in the family?

Sue

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!