SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

Got a card from a dead person today

cynic
14 years ago

Yep. A friend of mine died pretty much a year ago to the day. There was a card in the mailbox from her husband and I guessed it was a Christmas card and just Tom being late getting things done, which isn't unusual for him. But I opened the envelope and there was another envelope inside in Lin's handwriting, addressed to me. Well my mind ran over a number of possibilities, but the logical thing was perhaps she knew she was dying and wrote some letters to people. Who knows? By then it was open and it was an "I miss you" card! LOL I knew she didn't have THAT kind of a sense of humor and inside there she had written a number of things... well to make a long story short, it obviously was written about 15+ years ago! She closed saying to give Rookie a pat for her. Rookie was my dog who died over 15 years ago! LOL She had put in there her attorney's number if I needed to hire him... What's ironic is I just looked up his number 2 days ago. I was going to contact him about an issue that's arisen! LOL Well if the Twilight Zone theme isn't playing, maybe it should. As I was putting it back in the envelope, then back into the outer envelope I noticed Tom had written inside the envelope that he found this in a box of her papers.

So, I think I need to make up some cards and letters to be distributed after my death. Some will say Having a wonderful time. Wish YOU were HERE!

So... anyone else hear from dead people???

Comments (21)