SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gorita_gw

LG Front Loader Vibration

gorita
15 years ago

We purchased an LG FL washer WM2455HW about 3 weeks ago to replace our 10 year old GE TL. While we love the way it works, I'm still pretty concerned about the vibrations. While they don't seem excessive compared to some of what I've read, it is still nagging at me. The washer is installed in a laundry closet in the dining area of the kitchen, backing up to the garage. Our home is about 23 years old, one story built over a crawlspace with plywood flooring, covered with linoleum in the laundry area. When the washer is in full spin mode, there is a pretty good vibration that can be felt in the hardwood floor in front of the laundry area and straight back about 5 feet. We don't notice any walls shaking or items rocking/shaking on shelves, even directly above the washer. The wall directly next to the washer barely vibrates, it is mainly the floor. Water in a glass on the dining table (about 5 feet directly across from the washer) will shimmy as well. The washer is level. We tried the good vibrations pads and they actually made it a bit worse. I kind of think this is the best we're going to get with this floor/house.

My questions are - what kind of damage can this level of repeated vibration do to the floor/house over years? Is it something we should be worried about? Is there anything else we should try? My husband doesn't think it's a problem, but I can't stop thinking about it. I have a few more days to still return it and get a top loader, but I do love the machine.

Thanks!

Comments (2)