SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojamom

Carrier Infinity Series 16 Price Check

mojamom
16 years ago

My head is spiining with all of the Heat Pumps that are out there. We're replacing a Trane that is 3.5 ton with 20+ years of service.

My HVAC person recommended the following Carrier Infinity Series 16.

2 Questions: Is this a good heat pump for my house and is the price appropriate?

Thank you so much!

I live in Northern suburb of Balto., 2400 sf Colonial. Weather fluctuates and can get humid and sticky in Spring and Fall during the day, cooler at night. Hence the reason for the Infinity's humidity controller (or whatever it's called?).. thought that was a nice feature.

I have a quote for a 3.5 ton Carrier Infinity Series 16 with Puron Refrigerant. comfort heat technology including a media air cleaner and humidifier. Cost $8,100.00 - $1,000.00 rebate,final price is $7,100.00.

Work includes the fabrication of metal transitions to connect the new air handler to the air distribution system; installing a programmable thermostat; all power and control wiring between the thermostat, air handler and outside heat pump condenser.

The outside unit will include a new pad and 6" pump-ups, a new refrigeration pipe between the 2 appliances will also be supplied.

Hope someone can help. Thanks for your time.

Comments (11)