SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mountaineergirl_gw

? about my new samsung 328 washer!

mountaineergirl
14 years ago

On Sun Lowes came with my new W/D and after hooking up the washer, the guys tested it by having it fill with the different temps of water. Well when the setting was on "hot/cold" no hot water would come into the washer. They felt for this by taking out the detergent drawer and sticking his hand up in there. He said it must be our water valve. I suggested stick the hoses down in the drain and try - low and behold, hot water came thru the hose. So then we decide that something must be wrong with the washer's valve and he takes it back. Last night they bring the 2nd one and guess what!the same thing. So I keep it and decided to hold off judgement until after I did laundry. So I set it on hot/cold and after it starts the washing process, I hit the pause button and feel in there and the clothes are hot! So, evidently there was nothing wrong with the first washer!

My question is why would they have any cold water at all going into the washer if you choose a hot wash setting? Now I know it takes a few seconds for the water to get hot, but our hot water tank is real close and we had let it run and run (on the first washer) so no, that wasn't the problem. Why would they design it to use the heater to warm up the water, instead of having hot water to fill it first? I wouldn't think that it would conserve energy that way.

ANyhow - I love everything else about it so far. I wobbles slightly when spinning at a low speed, but when it gets fired up - it's awesome! no movement at all when it maxes out at the fastest RPMs.

My neptune had a light in it - so I never left the door open, but never had a mold issue either. Probably because I used hot water/bleach at least once/week. But I think I will do as suggested and leave the door open on this one, just to make sure there will be no problems.

Comments (5)