SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
czechchick2

Roma, Zote

czechchick2
14 years ago

The other day I went to biglots after long time and I saw Roma powder and zote bars. I know some mexican girls,they swear it is the best thing ever. I washed two loads (1 white, 1 darks), using roma only (worrying about suds)and it came out smelling clean and fresh.And no sudsing at all.

I grated the zote on my kitchenaid and next two loads I mixed it w/ roma. Laundry came out smelling really good and clean. No suds either. I stick to it for now (put my Persil in the closet )to see if there will be any sort of buildup in laundry or any funny film left behind in the washer. While I was waiting for Persil,I got me box of Tide but it works only if I use bigger dose of it and my BF broke up even after extra rinsings. Roma so far didn't cause trouble.

I used same dosing w/Roma as I would w/Persil - 1/3 cup, the dry measuring cup, for my small washer (1.75) and 2/3 cup for my 4.00 washer. When I mixed zote in I used big pinch of it for large one ,less for the small one and used slightly less of roma.

I think The Roma powder will work just fine, it has phosphates,silicates, some suspending agents,brighteners and perfume. And it is cheap! The zote is sodium tallowate + something and I just use it up since I got it. Maybe the Roma could even replace the Persil. But I have to wait and see for 2-3 months,to make sure.

Maybe this info helps someone here too. I was surprised roma doesn't suds up! But we have hard water. And the ingredience are working perfectly for us.The only concern is the optical brighteners, wonder if our darks will fade.

Comments (4)