SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marcia_thornley

Can you stay calm or fall apart

Marcia Thornley
16 years ago

I had just stepped onto an escalator to go down a floor in a store and I noticed a man with an elderly woman getting onto the escalator to come up. The lady hesitated, she was obviously nervous about getting on. The man was very attentive and was holding onto her by her arm. They both got on and started to come up. Suddenly the woman lost her balance and fell straight back. She landed with her head at the foot of the escalator and her feet up on the stairs. I immediately yelled for someone to stop the escalator. I was so afraid of her hair or clothing getting caught! We checked to make sure she could move everything and eventually got her on her feet. She was terrified to even move. Finally we got her into a chair, got her a glass of water and some crackers to nibble on. She seemed OK, just shaken up.

I on the other hand was a mess! I left calmly but I was shaking inside. I was so afraid she had really hurt herself.

My DH says I'm a magnet for this kind of stuff. I always seem to be the one around when this kind of thing happens.

Everyone says thank you, thank you and I feel a mess. I look calm but I'm really not!

How are you in an emergency? Calm or a Wreck?

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022