SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krp_gw

Bryant/Carrier Heat Pump Quotes

krp
13 years ago

Hello - I am in the midst of an attic renovation to a small townhouse/condo in Washington, DC. My home is approx 1000SF (2 stories + attic loft). The existing airhandler/coil in the attic is being replaced with a smaller one in the same location in the attic. Below are 2 quotes from the same vendor received via my general contractor. I feel these quotes are extremely high. Please advise. Thanks so much for your help.

Bryant - $13,895 less $600 Rebate:

Bryant model #285BNA030 2� Ton EVOLUTION PURON Heat Pump with matching FE4ANF003(15KW) EVOLUTION variable speed fan coil and model #SYSTXBBUID01-B EVOLTUION control. We will install new EM pan with all safeties. 15.50 SEER, 12.50 EER, 8.50, 8.50 HSPF.

Carrier - $14,995 (no rebate mentioned)

Carrier model #25HPA6 2� Ton PURON Heat Pump with matching FE4ANF003 (15KW) Infinity variable speed fan coil and model #SYSTXBBUID01-B Infinity control. We will install new EM pan with all safeties. 15.50 SEER, 12.50 EER, 8.50, 8.50 HSPF.

In both cases, the new fan coil will be moved forward in attic as far as possible and the duct in the attic will be redesigned for the changes that are being made to the house. The duct (return and supply) lay out, location, and size will be determined with the contractor. We will be reusing existing line set, power wiring, and control wiring.

Thanks again for your advice.

Comments (13)