SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flhvacguy

Trane VS Carrier Heat Pump Quote

flhvacguy
13 years ago

Hello,

I am in the process of purchasing a new heat pump. I live in Tampa, FL, single story home 2100 sq feet with cathedral ceilings. Currently have an old frigidaire 4 ton condensor, a chiller and 80 % gas furnace.

The unit runs fine but the electric bills are high and I keep the air at 80 to keep the cost down ( I would prefer 75 or so).

I am looking at a heat pump scenario and want to remove the furnace and chiller from the garage and put the air handler in the attic for space.

2 heat loads have been done one came in at 3.25 and the other at 3.75. I am comfortable with the 4 ton unit as I may add some sq. footage later. Insulation is good and home is 12 years old.

Trane Quote: XL 16i 4 ton (4TWX6048E) Air handler VS: (4TEE3C09)

802 tstat and 8kw heat strip. Including new copper lines, drain lines, electrical and concrete pad. $8885.00

XR15: 4 ton(4TWR5048E) Air handler VS: (4TEE3C09) 602 tstat and 8kw heat strip. Including new copper lines, drain lines, electrical and concrete pad. $7985.00

Carrier quote: Performance 16 4 ton (25HPA648) condensor, Infinity series air handler (FE4ANF005T) and infinity control. No mention of heat strip but to qualify for a $275.00 rebate from utility company the heat strip in a 4 ton unit can be 8kw max. Includes copper, drain, electrical to air handler, extended return air flex, long supply plenum to reconnect supply flex. It also states 10 years on labor along with parts and compressor 9300.00

Comfort 15 (25HCC542)3.5 ton condensor, VS air handler (FV4CNf005T) thermostat is TP-PRH $8450.00

My questions are that I have seen a lot of info saying not to go with the XL 16i and the 2 speed condensors. My thinking is with all the rebates I would like to maximize my savings and plan to be here a while. I also have read about thermostats and the choices there. What is the difference in Trane with communicating and non communicating models? I see the models quoted are not communicating.

Would you go with XL 16i,Performance16 or other?

Trane has a 3 year same as cash deal and Carrier 6 months. I want the best equipment for my situation so the financing is just another factor.

Any help sorting this out would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (9)