SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
podge8

Electrolux FL W/D advice

podge8
13 years ago

After over nine thankfully reliable years with our Maytag Neptune FL W/D, they are on their way out. After much research on this site (thanks everyone!), I've pretty much decided on the Electrolux FL set after reading many positive and very few negative reviews on this site. Another reason is that our laundry room setup puts the washer on the right and dryer on the left, so we need the reversible doors. I've pretty much ruled out the Bosch machines (seems to be too unreliable?) and the Miele machines (too expensive, and we really can't afford any new machines, let alone the Mieles!). I just had a few lingering questions that weren't really answered on the forums here.

1. Is it worth the money to upgrade to the Wave touch controls over the IQ? My husband (whose mother did his laundry until we moved in together, even driving down to his college apartment to cook and clean for him!) still mentions how doing laundry would have been so much easier for him had we bought the Neptunes with the digital display and programmable buttons. Nine years I've had to listen to that! So I'm thinking it might be worth the hundreds of dollars to not to have to listen to that for the next decade, and to get him to do more loads of laundry without asking me about temperatures and spin speed every time! Is the IQ touch pretty intuitive and easy to use, even for husbands that are laundry-confused?

2. I've been reading on other websites about how the Electrolux gas dryers have an issue where the clothes burn and then stick to the grate inside, especially synthetics and dryer sheets, and have not read about this with the electric models. We currently have an electric but have a gas hookup also, and through PG&E, our utility, gas is much cheaper than electricity. Has anyone on this board encountered this problem? I have read that Electrolux has fixed the problem but this just gave me some pause about getting a gas dryer over the electric. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Comments (16)