SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armywife1996

My new Electrolux FL W&D

armywife1996
14 years ago

We took the plunge and bought the new Electrolux Wave Touch front loading washer and dryer, both of which are steam. Bought at Sears in the Silver Sands color. Delivery and installation went just fine.

I have had the machines for 4 days now and have used them each day. I am washing pretty much everything I can get my hands on! Clothes, pillows, sleeping bags, duvets, dog beds.... :-) The capacity is just amazing. Our king sized down alternative duvet fit with plenty of room to spare!

I am really enjoying doing laundry (whodathunk I'd ever 'enjoy' laundry?? lol). Everything is getting so clean and fresh and the machines are just so much fun to use! I love how I can customize each load to my liking but I also like how the machine has chosen the 'optimal' settings for those times when I just don't want to think.

I'm not sure yet on my opinion on the steam feature. I have selected it in the washing machine but haven't "seen" it work (the manual says you may not be able to actually see the steam coming out)and really can't tell the difference between the cleanliness of loads that I have used it in opposed to those that I haven't. Everything appears to be coming out equally clean regardless of the settings. I haven't used the steam setting in the dryer yet.

The washing machine is quiet as can be during washing. The spin cycle gets just a bit noisy. The dryer is also a bit louder than I would have thought it to be. There is a high pitch kind of 'whine' to the dryer that I find just a bit annoying but I'm also very sensitive to high pitch sounds. I'm not sure if the noises are 'normal' or if it's just my machine--not really sure how that can be determined either.

I want to switch my doors around but each door is like 4 pages of instructions to switch them and my husband isn't mechanically inclined and I'm just not willing to spend the time to do it yet. It is a bit of a pain to manuever the laundry from the washer to the dryer with the doors opening into each other. I'm sure I will switch them soon.

Finally, these machines are HEAVY. I'm still trying to figure out how I will retrieve any thing that may fall behind the machines or clean behind them if my husband is ever gone and can't help me move them! LOL

All in all, I'm VERY happy with this purchase. I will update after I've been using it longer and am happy to answer any questions.

Comments (14)