SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Countertops installed - need advice!

charlikin
15 years ago

Hi all - the countertops finally went in today. Just a couple of issues which I hope are minor... I guess that's where I need the reality check! They're quartz counters (Zodiaq) in a 7x10 galley kitchen with a doorway at one end and a window at the other.

(1) The side opposite the sink is a long strip wedged between the broom closet and the wall with the window. It came up 1/4" short at the window end. The installer said I could either backsplash that window wall (which I wasn't planning to do), or I could put "paintable caulk" there, and the painter would just go over it. (The paint will be a smokey blue, btw.)

(2) I have a SS Blanco sink. The Blanco template recommended a negative reveal, and the guy who came out to template also sold me on the benefits of a negative reveal. But the sink hole came out with a slight positive reveal. Are positive reveals bad?

The counters look great otherwise, and I hate to hold up my kitchen's completion any longer if it's not necessary. (We started work in early October and then had a big delay because of a mess-up with the cabinets...)

The tile guy's supposed to come tomorrow to do the backsplash, so I have to make some quick decisions! Does it sound like the countertops are okay?

Advice please!!!

Kitchen with countertops:

{{!gwi}}Â Â Â Â {{!gwi}}

Gap in corner:

{{!gwi}}Â Â Â Â {{!gwi}}

Sink reveal:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (26)