SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hale_bopp_gw

I caught my MIL regifting a gift we gave them...

hale_bopp
15 years ago

LOL! First let me say that I whole-heartedly believe in regifting- I've done it before, I've just never "caught" someone actually giving something away we've given them. :) I'll admit, I got a pouty lip when I saw it.

My DH and I frequent the Harry & David outlet up in Oregon often since he does a lot of traveling for business up there. The outlet has AMAZING prices on all the great H&D fruits, flowers and gifts. We picked up a bunch of artichoke salsas last summer and gave DH's parents a pretty basket with some of their chips b/c we know they really like artichokes and all the ingredients inside. In fact we mentioned that it tasted VERY similar to an antipasto they can every year.

When we went to visit them after Christmas, we noticed that DH's brother had received all the goodies we gave mom and dad, LOL!!! I don't think they realized that we saw it- I'd never say anything anyway, especially about something so generic. It wasn't like I MADE it or anything. :) But like I said, I did get *slightly* bummed. They are very prideful about their antipasto- I don't think they liked our comment. That would be just like them. :)

Have you ever "caught" anyone regifting your gift? :)

Blessings!

Haley

Comments (21)