SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terezosa

What are your holiday traditions?

terezosa / terriks
12 years ago

We have never lived close to either of our families, so we developed a tradition of going out to a "fancy" restaurant for dinner on Christmas Eve. My kids always look forward to dressing up and going out. This year my oldest will not be here, as he is teaching English overseas, but my 25 year old daughter and my 23 year old son and his girlfriend will be with us.

On Christmas Eve we always give them Christmas PJs and an ornament for the tree. When the kids were little I would read The Polar Express after they changed into their Christmas jammies and hung up their ornaments.

On Christmas morning the kids would have to wait until my dh or I checked to see if Santa had been there before going to look at the tree. Then we would follow the "procedure" that I grew up with for opening gifts. First the stockings, then the youngest child would choose a gift and give it to the proper recipient. Then the next youngest and so on. We did change one "rule" from when I was growing up. When I was a kid we got to open our stockings, but then we had to eat breakfast before we opened any more gifts.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville