SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbwalshy_gw

need advice about hvac replacement in north fl

Mbwalshy
11 years ago

Home is 2411 sq. ft. with about 800 sq ft upstairs, upper a/c unit has a leak in the coil, was recently recharged but will need a new system as its 12 yrs old. I have received quotes for what seems like the same system yet they are worlds apart.

The first was for trane 2.5 ton 15 seer system. this system will include a variable speed air handler matched with a XL15i condensing unit. the price for that system is $ 5,885.00, price includes: installation of the new system, removal of the existing equipment, all labor, materials, and permits required. No model numbers were provided. I was disappointed with the unprofessionalism that this quote reflected. I had used this company to handle a fiasco involving a design/installation defect in my moms condo and they handled it amazingly. I haven't decided whether to contact the owner and advise of same.

The second quote I received was for $6700.00 with 0% for 36 mths. I am wondering if the increased price is to account for the financing option?

1 TAM7A0C36H31SA Trane 3 ton Hyperion variable speed air handler 57hx23.5wx22d 22x20 filter;

1 4TWX5030A1000A Trane XL15i HEAT PUMP 2.5 Ton (R410a) H49-7/8xW34-1/4xD37-1/4 MF-25Amp dba71 LINESET: 3/8X3/4;

1 TCONT803-BAYSEN02ATEMPAA XL803 3H/2C Programable with dehumidifcation Touch Screen with out door sencer;

1 EXISTING Connecting Equipment to Existing Lineset. RX11 Flush;

1 BAYEVAC05LG1AA 5 kw heat strip for TAM AHU;

1 One System PM One System PM 1st Check to be done 6 months after installation. PM agreement expires 1 year after installation. Filter replacemnet is not part of the PM;

1DISCONNECT AND WHIP New disconnect and whip for AHU or COND up to 6 feet;

1 FLOATSWITCH INSTALL SAFETY FLOAT SWITCH IN-LINE ON

CONDENSATE DRAIN WITH AHU INSTALL;

1 DRIPPANsm-FS Drip Pan for Air Handler with Overflow Safety Float Switch- Small;

1 AHUSTAND AHU STAND. New adjustable Air Handler Unit stand.;

1 PERMIT PERMIT;

1 HUR AC PAD HURRICANE RATED 36x48x4 Equipment Pad FL Bldg

Code approved upto 130mph wind speeds;1 BAYECMT001 MOUNTING KIT BAYECMT001 - CONDENSING UNIT MOUNTING KIT. Meets Hurricane tie down code.

The second company also provided a quote for a comparable York system, I do not know anything about York. Any and all opinions are welcome, thank you.

Comments (4)