SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Do we really need a gas grill?

lpinkmountain
12 years ago

The Love of my Life is now more or less living with me. Besides his big screen TV and treadmill, the other appliance that is part of his life and not mine is an outdoor grill. Being mostly vegetarian, I never have the urge to grill. I have made and eaten grilled fruits and vegetables and to me they don't taste all that different than roasted, stir fried or broiled, so not really worth the trouble for me to grill. Outdoor space is at a premium in my tiny row house yard and I don't really have room for one of those grill tables permanently set up outside. BF has this at his house. He uses a gas grill and grills stuff in a cast iron frypan. IMHO, this isn't all that much different from just frying something on the stove with a cast iron grill. Or one of those electric grills. I'm just wondering if it is worth it to buy him one of those portable gas grills to set up occasionally outside. Storage INSIDE the house is at a premium too. I have a white gas Coleman stove, a one burner butane hot plate, and just bought a very small portable fire pit that I think could also be used with charcoal. But BF said he likes propane. (Him and Hank Hill, lol!). But seems to ME that the special flavor elements of grilling would come from using various types of wood, and the special heat elements might come from using coals or hot ashes. So other than getting the smoke and heat out of the house in the summer, no small accomplishment, why do we need a grill? BF's not pressing to get one, but his birthday is coming up . . .

Comments (52)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH