SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmd15

The Dirty Dozen

tmd15
13 years ago

In recent months, I've become aware of the "Dirty Dozen" and since a lot of the fruits and vegetables on the list are things that I consume daily, I became concerned with the amount of pesticides that I'm subjecting myself to. I bought a bottle of "Fit" which is an all natural fruit and veggie wash that claims to remove 98% more chemicals and wax than water alone (I know, a no brainer there) but I did notice that after soaking in the solution, grapes and other items no longer have that tacky, sticky feel to them, so I figure it must be taking at least some of the bad stuff off. Problem is, a 32 ounce bottle runs almost $11.00 and I can go through that pretty quickly. The bottle lists the following ingredients: purified water, oleic acid, glycerol, ethyl alcohol, potassium hydroxide, baking soda, citric acid and distilled grapefriut oil, all of which are from natural vegetable/mineral sources.

Does anyone have a "home made" recipe for a solution that they use to get rid of chemical residue on fruits and veggies? My budget does not allow for buying all organic and I don't have room in my garden to grow things like grapes and blueberries.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH