SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

Looking for Peanut butter Pie recipe

wizardnm
11 years ago

My nephew and his wife are coming to visit this weekend. He loves anything made with peanut butter so I thought that maybe a pie would be good.

It's been years since I've made a peanut butter pie. anyone have a good recipe?

Nancy

Comments (10)

• lindac
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I thought I had a recipe for a pie....but apparently I don't....but the mousse would be nice in a pie.... or how about a peanut soup?
    Marble-ous Peanut Butter Dessert
    Crust: 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
    1/2 c peanut butter
    1 c flour
    1/4 c butter, softened
    Cream brown sugar, peanut butter and butter til light and fluffy. Add flour; blend til crumbly. Sprinkle into ungreased 12x8 or 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350� for 10-15 min. til golden brown.
    Set aside half of crumb mixture (about 1 cup) for topping. Lightly press remaining crumb mixture over bottom of pan. Filling: 1-8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened 1 t vanilla 1/2 c sugar 2 eggs 1/4 c peanut butter 1 c whipping cream or 1 envelope whipped topping 1 c semi sweet choc. pieces Combine cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla; beat at medium speed til smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. By hand, fold in whipped cream. Pour over crumb mixture in pan. Melt choc. pieces and drizzle over filling. Gently cut through to marble. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; press in slightly. Freeze at least 15 minutes or til served. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.

Peanut Butter Mousse
    2 Cups smooth PB
    1 lb. Ricotta cheese, room temp.
    2 Cups powdered sugar, sifted
    1 1/2 Tbs. heavy cream
    1 Tbs. vanilla
    2 cups cream, whipped
    shaved bitter chocolate (or semi-sweet)
    Cream together PB, liquid cream and ricotta, beat in sugar and vanilla till very smooth. Fold in whipped
    cream until well incorporated. Serve in pretty wine glasses with shaved chocolate on top.

• countrygal_905
    11 years ago

This is a family favorite:

Peanut Butter Pie

1/3 c. peanut butter
    3 Tbsp. cornstarch
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/8 tsp. salt
    2 c. milk
    3/4 c. powdered sugar
    3 eggs separated
    2 Tbsp. butter
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    2-3 Tbsp. sugar

Blend peanut butter and powdered sugar until crumbly and put 2/3 in bottom of a baked crust. Blend cornstarch, sugar and salt. Scald milk and slowly blend in sugar mixture. Cook until thick. Beat egg yolks and add small amount to hot mixture. Stir yolks, butter and vanilla into hot mixture and cook until thickened. Pour into crust.
    Make meringue of egg whites and 2-3 Tbsp. sugar. Put on filling and sprinkle rest of peanut butter mixture on top. Brown.

• Related Discussions

Peanut Butter Pie ( Gabriell)

Q

Comments (8)
    Well, 25 years of marriage and I discovered this T-day that the dh does NOT like peanut butter pie. Is this grounds for divorce? This is a man who loves Reeses cups. Loves PB and J. And he refuses to even try Peanut butter pie. I think he is just being contrary and if he would just try a bite he would love it. But as the dd says, more for us.
    ...See More

looking for: peanut butter pie made with reese pb cups

Q

Comments (1)
    There are three pies at the site below that use peanut butter cups. Check out the Peanut Butter Ice Crem Pie, the Easter Pie & Reese's Mousse Pie recipes. Here is a link that might be useful: Pies with Peanut Butter Cups
    ...See More

How Long should a Peanut Butter Pie sit out to Defrost

Q

Comments (8)
    I think it's against the law to post such a description AND a photo, and not include the recipe! I'll be happy to taste test this delectable pie every 15 minutes from 1:30 pm and onwards until serving time. Really, though, I think maybe put it in the fridge when you get up in the morning, and perhaps put it out on the counter for maybe an hour or even a bit less prior to serving, and it should be okay. No matter what, whether it's very chilly or perfect ,or partially chilly-firm, it will be wonderful! Smiles, Sooz
    ...See More

LOOKING for: Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe without Marshmallow Crem

Q

Comments (7)
    I found this in an old cookbook my mother used from the 40's. I'll post it with the original recipe & the variation following. FUDGE 2 cups sugar 1 or 2 squares chocolate 1/8 tsp cream of tartar or 2 TBL corn syrup 2/3 cup milk 1 tsp vanilla 2 TBL butter Mix the sugar, milk, grated chocolate, cream of tartar or corn syrup & boil rather slowly, stirring until the ingredients are well blended. Boil to the soft-ball stage (238°.) Remove from the stove, add the butter but do not stir it in. When lukewarm, add the vanilla & beat until it creams; that is, until the shiny appearance disappears & the fudge will hold its shape when dropped from the spoon. Spread it in a buttered pan & when it hardens mark it into squares.~~ **Peanut butter may be used instead of chocolate, using 2 TBL of the butter to each cup of sugar in the recipe. Like butter or other fat, it should be added after the fudge is cooked.~~
    ...See More
  • skeip
    11 years ago

Here's one we used to serve in the rrestaurant and it's really good.

PEANUT BUTTER PIE

Crust:
    2 Cups Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
    1/2 Stick Melted Butter
    1/4 Cup Sugar

Mix together and press into a 9" pie pan. Reserve 1/4 cup Crumbs for the topping. Set aside.

Filling:
    1 Cup Powdered Sugar
    1/3 Cup Chunky Peanut Butter
    1 8-Ounce Package Cream Cheese
    1/2 Cup Milk
    1 8-Ounce Container Cool Whip

Cream together Sugar, Peanut Butter, and Cream Cheese until smooth. Add the milk, a small amount at time, beating completely. Gently fold in Cool Whip and fold until blended. Pour filling into the prepared crust. Sprinkle with some of the crumbs. Freeze until solid. Serves 8.

Steve

• Chi
    11 years ago

This Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart from alpineberry is AMAZING. I bake all the time for work and this is a consistent favorite. The peanut butter custard is sublime.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart - alpineberry blog

Cookie Crust
    1 cup finely ground chocolate wafers
    2 tbsp granulated sugar
    1 1/2 ounces (3 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs and sugar with a fork until well mixed. Drizzle butter and mix until crumbs are moistened. Press crumbs evenly into a 9 1/2 - inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake crust for about 10 minutes until fragrant. Let crust cool completely before filling.

Peanut Butter Filling
    1 1/2 cups whole milk
    1/4 tsp salt
    3 large egg yolks
    1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    4 tsp all purpose flour
    1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Glaze
    3 ounces semi or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
    2 ounces (4 tbsp) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
    1 tbsp light corn syrup

To make the filling:

In a medium saucepan, bring milk and salt to a simmer. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, brown sugar and flour. Whisking constantly, slowly ladle in half of the hot milk over the egg mixture. Pour mixture back into the remaining milk in the pan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 4 minutes. Continue to cook, still whisking constantly, for 1 more minute. Remove pan from heat and whisk in peanut butter and vanilla.

Pour hot filling into cooled crust and spread evenly. Carefully press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the filling (to prevent a skin from forming). Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before glazing.

To make the glaze and finish the tart:

Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler over medium heat. Stir corn syrup into the melted mixture until smooth. Remove plastic from chilled tart. Carefully pour the hot glaze over the filling and spread evenly to cover the filling. Refrigerate the tart for 30 minutes before serving.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart

• wizardnm
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Everyone of these recipes sound good. I may have to make peanut butter treats all summer. Thank you!

Nancy

• annie1992
    11 years ago

My "family" recipe is much like the one Steve posted, but we used whipped cream in place of the cool whip. Everyone loved it but I haven't made it in a long time.

We also made an ice cream pie that consisted of a crust made with chocolate chip cookie dough, filled with 2 cups of vanilla ice cream which was softened and mixed with 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Spread 1/4 cup of peanut butter on the baked crust, add the ice cream layer, smooth the top. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and drizzle with fudge topping of your choice.

That recipe chi posted, though, now THAT looks interesting and very yummy, I'm definitely putting that on the "to try" list!

Annie

• stuartwanda
    11 years ago

I make the same one Countrygirl makes! My son begs me to make it when he comes home.

• Tracey_OH
    11 years ago

I make the marbleous peanut butter dessert that Linda posted and it is awesome! My mom made it growing up and it is still one of my all time favorites. I do use egg beaters instead of raw eggs.

• gwtamara
    11 years ago

I come from a family of serious peanut butter and chocolate lovers -- in other words, you can never have too much peanut butter and chocolate. I'm not a huge fan, but I do have to say that I really love this particular recipe for a frozen peanut butter pie. From one of my very favorite cookbooks, Baked: New Frontiers in Baking, it takes a little extra work, but well worth the effort. The recipe for the fudge sauce is generous and will last beyond the pie (even in my family).

Peanut Butter Pie with Cookie Crust

Chocolate cookie crust
    30 chocolate wafer cookies ( about 6 ounces)
    1 tablespoon sugar
    6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Chocolate bottom
    1/2 cup ( 3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
    1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup

Peanut butter filling
    8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
    1 cup creamy peanut butter
    2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
    3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
    1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Easy hot fudge sauce
    6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
    6 ounces dark chocolate (64% cacao), finely chopped
    1 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup light corn syrup

Preparation

Chocolate cookie crust

In a food processor, grind the cookies to a very fine powder. You should have about 1 1/2 cups. Put the crumbs in a bowl and stir in the sugar.

Pour the butter over the crumb mixture and mix until well combined. The mixture will feel wet. Turn the crumb mixture out into a 9-inch pie plate and press it into the bottom and up the sides. You can use the back of a large spoon to even out the crust.

Put the crust in the refrigerator while you make the filling.

Peanut butter filling with chocolate bottom

Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave oven or in a
    double boiler. Add the corn syrup and stir to combine. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate in a thin layer on the bottom of the chilled pie crust. Put the crust back in the refrigerator while you make the peanut butter filling.

Put the cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until well combined and completely smooth. Set aside.

In a clean bowl, use the mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to whip the cream until soft peaks form. Remove the bowl form the mixer and, with a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until the mixture is uniform in color.

Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and freeze for at least 4 hours. Once the pie is frozen, you can cover it with aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 days.

Easy Fudge Sauce

Place both chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl and set aside.

In a small saucepan, bring the cream to simmer over medium heat. Add the corn syrup and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and pour over chocolates. Let mixture sit for 2 minutes. Starting at the center of the bowl and working your way out to the edges, whisk the chocolate mixture in a circle until completely smooth. The hot fudge sauce, cooled to room temperature and covered tightly, will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator. Rewarm the sauce in a microwave oven on medium heat for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until sauce is warm; or reheat it in a small saucepan over low heat.

Place a frozen piece of pie on a large serving plate and spoon 3 heaping tablespoons of the warm sauce directly over the top of the pie. Eat and enjoy immediately.

Here is a link that might be useful: Matt Renalto and Renato Poliafito show how it's done

• sooz
    11 years ago

Oh goodness, this thread is so handy today! I was looking for some peanut butter pie recipes and here they are!

Serendipity!

Smiles,
    Sooz