SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ralphg_gw

Trane WPVE tripping breaker

ralphg
14 years ago

I have Trane WPVE 04111 that is tripping the breakers. I have had two A/C companys look at it and i am having the hardest time getting either to follow-up with a price and quote to fix it. The first charged $300 bucks to tell me they didn't know why the breaker was tripping but they recommend the TXV and reversing valves which means I would also need the l.l.drier, freon (7.5 lbs) or a whole new unit? Of course the breaker didn't trip while he was here. The second guy said it was the compressor, breaker tripped while he was here. Anyway I have spent weeks trying to get a quote from either guy. I finally contacted the Trane parts distributor and regional folks to say "What gives, can't I get a quote from anyone." I know its a water source heat pump in a condo but please what does it take to quote it? I have a 7 mo old daughter and an exhausted wife from us getting up 2-5 times a night to reset the breaker at night or from a crying baby who's hot.

Anyone have an idea what replacing a whole Trane Water source heat pump would run compared to replacing the compressor, TXV,reversing valve and related parts. Its 9 years old, whats the most cost effective solution? And how do you get someone to give you a quote? Apparently there is so much work in Memphis for A/C repair people that they don't call people back when its a hard job, they just do the easy jobs.

Comments (4)