SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calle3441

Bosch Vision vs. LG -- depth and exhaust hose issues

13 years ago

So I have done a fair amount of research, and I really like the Bosch Vision FL washing machines. Unlike most others, the internal heater works on all but the cold temperature settings to keep the water at a constant temp (an LG rep told me the internal heater on LGs only kicks in for the highest setting).

My issue: the washer and dryer will be stacked in a closet (which already has a washer and dryer and proper venting) that is only 34.25 inches deep.

The Bosch dryer (WTVC4500UC) is deeper than the LG (DLG2241). So, if i got the LG, i could use the back vent in the dryer. With the Bosch I need to use the LEFT-hand side vent (it is a gas dryer, so there is no right-side venting).

The vent in the closet, though, is through the ceiling on the RIGHT-hand side on the dryer. This means I would need one or two elbows (in addition to the side venting kit) to vent the Bosch, but none for the LG.

Any thoughts on how, if at all, this set up will impact the Bosch drying? I live in a condo, so my vent leads to a central vent for the building.

Also, the Bosch is 6.7 cubic feet. The LG is 7.2. Is this a huge difference?

Many thanks for any thoughts/comments you have!

Comments (13)