SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
richard2394

Replacing Trane Heatpump in Texas Need Advice

richard2394
14 years ago

I would like to thank you so much for any help you could give us.

We have decided to go with the Trane xl20i heatpump. The quotes we have received have different model numbers and we need HELP! It's difficult being a "informed" consummer!

We live in the Dallas area and need to replace our Heatpump. Have been getting bids and narrowed it down to these two, still waiting on 1 more. We have a 2050SF single story house which is about 25 years old. Hot here much of the year so the cooling capacity is our more important concern. Our current system is a trane 12 seer, 4 ton heatpump which is about 13 years old. We do not have the gas option. We have attempted to make it efficient with new windows and insulation. All installers have run the j load and we do need additional returns to handle the new air flow.

We have decided to go with the Trane xl20i heatpump 4 ton heatpump system. The quotes we have received have different model numbers and we need HELP!

1. $7582

Trane 4 ton XL20i #TWZ0048 Dual Compressor

Air Handler #4TEE3c08a 64,000 Btuh Variable Speed

Resistance Heater BAYHTR1419 20kw

TCONT 900 Thermastat

2. $9227

Trane 4 ton XL20i #TWZ0048 Dual Compressor

Air Handler #4TEE3c06a 48,000 Btuh Variable Speed

Resistance Heater BAYHTR1415 15kw

TCONT 900 Thermastat

These would include using my current filter system 1". The Honeywell Media Air Cleaner would be about 400.00 more.

We are still waiting on the third bid.

We are confused with the different air handlers.

We have been very happy with our current Trane system, and decided to go back with one.

Any advice or clarity would be very much appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-Up Postings:

Comment (1)