SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stim141

Bosch Vision 800 Issues - Vibration / Dryer Clumping

stim141
13 years ago

Purchased a Vision 800 Series Washer/Dryer set about 2 weeks ago and are having a variety of issues. First is the vibration levels - on 1200 RPM spin the washer vibrates significantly. Have a dining room behind the laundry room and the Waterford crystal vibrates. Level is truly perfect - have a precision digital level and it shows 0.00 front to back and side to side. Floor is tile over concrete backer over joists. Checked the basement during high speed spin and you feel a slight vibration but the joists and subfloor do not move. Added crossbeam members but it didn't make a difference. Also this is our second machine as the first had significant vibration issues with the pump.

Purchased set of vibration pads from FRONT LOAD TOAD and they didn't really make that much of a difference. Stainless sink/faucet next to the machine even vibrate. Seems like the suspension system in this machine is inferior to that of others as it never self balances. You can see the drum during a spin cycle move back and forth, actually side to side which to me indicates its not balanced - if it were it rotate with out side to side/up down motion. Think the overall build quality is better than almost everything out there except for Miele - controls are solid and are metal.

Looked again this weekend and I've narrowed it down to two potention replacements - the Electrolux IQ Touch EIFL55 Steam and the Whirlpool Duet Steam. Saw both in action with water/towels and the vibration in both were almost nonexistent during max spin. Whirlpool build quality for the price however is pretty poor - lots of plastic on the controller. The Electrolux seems better but I'm concerned about the doors and pop out dispenser.

Any recommendations? Have time for a return - purchased it though Sears which are pretty decent on swaps/returns.

Bosch dryer is probably the worst - does not reverse only goes in one direction - so clothing will ball up and lump. The steam cycle is a joke. Heats up slightly then sprays a fine mist of water which dampens clothing but really never uniformly coats the clothing - also never seems to get that hot to create anything resembling steam. Never gets out any creasing or wrinkles.

Comments (3)