SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erichome_gw

replacing my basic FriGEMore

erichome
15 years ago

My simple FriGEMore lasted 7 years and finally died this past week. They wanted more in repairs than it costs to replace. We were not unhappy with it.

Is this reasonable for a washer that was used.... 3-4 times a week? (3 adults, no kids)

Probably unanswerable, without knowing what was being washed... but that feels low to me. I read somewhere that 10-12 years is the "average" life of a washer. But this is not a high-end washer.

Things have really changed since I got it, and I don't really have much time to do research... I don't have a lot of spare time to spend at a laundromat.

Talking to my wife, this is what we could think of for requirements

- Front loader (its in the basement, vibration is not an issue. HE is a priority for us.

- Larger capacity (didn't realize at 3.1 how small it was.) Washing a twin/queen sized quilt would be nice.

- good gental/delicate cycle a must, we do a lot of that

- It is used to remove a lot of "outdoor" stains as well (dirt, grass stains,....)

- I'd prefer to spend under $800, but is that asking a lot?

- Our dryer has 5.7 cu feet... will we have trouble getting a larger washer with load size?

Beyond that, I'm not sure what else I care about... or what I can tell you. There are so many makes/models out there right now.... its rather overwhelming. combine that with how different from model-to-model they are, how many are made by each other.... and I almost feel like picking randomly in a price range would be just as good.

And that is a bad feeling in an inveterate researcher!

Thanks for any help,

Eric

Comments (5)