SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sher_nc_gw

Here goes - my basically finished kitchen

sher_nc
14 years ago

Apologies are definitely in order! Its been forever since I logged on. WeÂve been in the house 6 mths, but I found out as soon as we moved in that I was pregnant w/#2. I have also been busy w/a toddler :) Since my baby is due next month I figured I better post now! These photos were taken right before we moved in so IÂm missing a few trim pieces here & there which have been installed.

For those who remember, I had my heart set on a white kitchen, but after finding the perfect granite, I changed my mind at the very last min. & ordered expresso cabinets. I was so afraid my kitchen would be too dark since I donÂt have a window, but it turned out great. I also agonized over the tile backsplash. It was much more neutral than I expected & didnÂt compliment my granite the best. I couldnÂt afford to rip it out & start over. I did look into painting over it w/an acrylic paint, but after giving it some time it actually hasnÂt bothered me so I left it. (But, if I had to do it over again I would have chosen a lighter, less beige color :) After posting my layout you guys talked me out of a desk area. One of the best decisions I made b/c I don't have alot of counter space. The frig. is now where my desk area would have been.

Our kitchen was 40 yrs old so we basically gutted it. Moved some things around & knocked down a wall between it & the living room.

Granite  brazilian diamond $4k at $70/sq ft. I paid in the $40/sq ft range for the neutral color in our bath, but the Brazilian Diamond was the only one I really loved so I went for it.

Cabinets  custom expresso shaker $7000 incl. master bath (which was about $1k of total). In kitchen you canÂt see in pics but I got roll out shelves for bottom cabinets, double trash pull out, a lazy susan in corner & soap trays at sink

Tile backsplash  canÂt remember?? ItÂs a neutral color though, used my contractors guy

Sink  Blanco Silgranit super single anthracite, w/the coupons & discounts I got at HD Expo I paid what it would have cost if I ordered online. Love it!!!

SS Insinkerator - lowes

Faucet  delta orb (Leland?) from lowes

My appliances were all purchased at outlet warehouses. All new, just out of box. The only things I ordered were the Kitchenaid vent hood & microwave. The vent hood was about $1,200, much more than I wanted to spend but my contractor already had it on order for another home he was building so in the essence of time we bought it from him for what it cost him. Ironically, it has given us the most problems. The first one was damaged upon delivery, then we had the 2nd one installed & the keypad malfunctioned. They said it wasnÂt repairable & had to replace it.

Dishwasher  Bosch $585

Frig  Kitchenaid Elite $1,300

Kitchenaid Gas 5 burner Cooktop  $900

Kitchenaid Double Oven - $1850

Kitchenaid microwave - $400 range w/trim kit

I think I got everything. Thanks again for all your help!!!

Before

After

View from living room

View from kitchen into living room

Layout Before

More after pics

Micro & ovens are where back door was, door led to an unused stairwell so we closed it off

Frig & pantry are now on wall where old ovens were

Misc. of back wall. In old kitchen window looked into hall of unused stairwell after an add-on 30 yrs ago (yes, it was bad) so we got rid of the window too. To far right if you notice in above pics there's now a walk way w/linen closet which leads to master bdrm

Comments (26)