SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beanwabr

Which top loader should I buy? Need recommendations

beanwabr
16 years ago

I think that whenever we get our economy stimulus payment that it will go towards a new washer; nothing wrong mechanically with the one we have now - it's about a 10 year old Frigidaire 3.2 cu. ft. tl, but the cu ft size is a problem for me because our king size comforter will not fit in it and I have to to to the laundry mat each time I need to wash it. Plus with 6 people in our house I'm forever doing laundry. Someone at Lowes told me that I need to get at least a 3.5 cu. ft. Looking at both a fl and tl, for whatever reason, the fl looks smaller compared to a tl. Is that just an optical illusion? Plus, we have a mobile home, no concrete floor, and I'm scared of what may happen, as I've heard that fl's shake badly with the high speed; plus heard that the wash cycles take a lot longer too. Since the only thing I've ever had is a tl, I think I'll be sticking with one of those ... but without an agitator, how clean can your laundry really get? I've heard both good and bad about the Cabrio and GE Harmony models. Hoping someone could offer me some advice to help me be better able to choose. Thank you!!!

Comments (10)