SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

College mattress and night sweats -- remedy??

Sueb20
13 years ago

Got a call from my college-freshman DS this evening asking me if I could make a dr's appt for him when he's home for Thanksgiving because he has been sweating so much at night. After talking for a while, we determined that it must be the icky, plastic dorm mattress. He said this has been going on since school started but didn't happen on the few nights that he's slept off campus (at home or at a friend's house). So it's got to be the mattress. He has a regular cotton mattress pad on it, plus one of those egg crate toppers. I suggested that maybe it's the egg crate thing, but he slept in another bed (um, his girlfriend's -- same type of mattress) without an egg crate and the same thing happened. So what do you think? Would it help to get one of those allergy-type mattress covers that zips around the whole mattress? Or maybe just a higher quality mattress pad? (The one he has is supposedly all cotton, but it's a cheapo one that we bought from one of those companies that sells dorm sheets and towels.) Any suggestions?

Comments (10)