SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinker1121

Would you buy a latex mattress?

tinker1121
16 years ago

I know there are other posts on mattresses but they get lengthy with all the info and my head spins as it does while shopping for one. The easiest thing to do is just not buy one as there are just too many choices. lol Don't buy a pillow top, firm is not longer recommended, memory foam is hot etc.

I recently tried a latex mattress at a department store and liked it as well as a Beautyrest bed she also suggested. The latex bed did not support well when sitting on the edge and not sure if I should be concerned about that or not.

What are the pros and cons of latex and who has one and how do you like it.

Looking to spend under $1500 for a queen set and any suggestions welcomed. (I have a herniated disk and present mattress firm but too hard, does not fill in at the waist area as I am a side sleeper, and I wake up aching in the a.m. with shoulders falling asleep during the night. They sleep better than I do!! LOL)

Comments (34)

• julies_kitchen
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Absolutely! We have a latex mattress that's topped with wool filling and a cotton outer cover. We love it!! We've had it for about 10 years now, and it's still going strong... :)

Julie

• alifeyl
    16 years ago

We got a Sealy Spring-Free in April, and so far we both really like it. It's very comfortable. We did not get a pillow top, but it's still soft on top yet firm underneath. We got the low-profile box spring so I wouldn't need a stool to climb into bed. ;-)

Ali

• Related Discussions

New foundation for latex/spring organic mattress?

Q

Comments (2)
    gardenspuds, Here's my personal experience with mattresses. I had a spring mattress and now have a latex mattress. One spring mattress was in a CalKing platform (no foundation), it was Ok. Then, we bought another spring mattress (RestWell) on a box spring foundation. We had problems with the mattress after 7 years, and the company picked it up and returned it without charge. We had to have a bed while this was being fixed, so we bought an Essentia pure latex mattress, which can be either placed on a box spring foundation or a platform. My wife and I both prefer this pure latex mattress, and haven't even opened up the repaired mattress mentioned above. I should say that we are using the box springs used for the repaired mattress (we have sinced ordered higher box springs, to replace the 4' box springs that we purchased with the repaired mattress). After saying all of that, I think your problem may be with the foundation you are reluctent to get rid of, and to further confuse you with which mattress with what foundation. If you can, I would recommend the mattress that we bought from Essentia (made in Canada). Good luck! Here is a link that might be useful: Essentia Mattresses
    ...See More

Question Regarding Latex Mattress

Q

Comments (3)
    I had a latex mattress for a while and LOVED it! I would call The Savvy Sleeper. They are an authority on this stuff and can talk by phone about which firmness you need. I'm not trying to be a commercial here...they're just known to be really great about this sort of thing. Here's a really detailed post about them that was written elsewhere. Here is a link that might be useful: Savvy Sleeper
    ...See More

Confusion over who made my new latex mattress

Q

Comments (9)
    I sell King Koil. Like most bedding, it is produced in regional factories located throughout the US. Most of the plants are an independently owned franchise that purchases raw materials from King Koil or from King Koil approved suppliers. The factory we buy from has been in business for several generations, and has been a King Koil franchise for several years. They make a wide variety of styles and specs from promotional to high end. Earlier this year I viewed the entire lineup, including Natural Response. I felt it was a nice product. Currently we don't sell latex bedding, but if we did we'd likely carry this. I can't answer why its not on their website. I believe they want to sell it as a separate brand (think "Honda" and "Acura", or "Toyota" and "Lexus"). King Koil also produces Jaclyn Smith Home mattresses, and Laura Ashley. Perhaps other dealers had experiences like Duane and that's the reason they are putting less emphasis on the King Koil name and moving to a "family of brands" We sell the Laura Ashley line. I have found it to be an excellent mattress, my customers consistently choose it over Sealy Posturepedic even though its more money.
    ...See More

Any experience out there with latex mattress toppers?

Q

Comments (6)
    We are also looking at getting latex topper. Our mattress, which is theoretically natural latex (we have some questions about the veracity of that claim), is just not comfortable because it's too firm for us. Right now we have a 3" memory foam topper that I am done with (too hot, can't turn over without arching our backs off the bed). After speaking with a local company that manufactures natural latex mattresses and pads, I get the impression that adding a topper to an iffy mattress can actually make it worse. It sounds like your mattress is not supportive enough for you. I've heard of putting a board underneath a too soft mattress to make it firmer. Perhaps that would be worth a shot? I found a place online, Habitat Furnishings, that sells the toppers and mattresses, with a very long trial period/money back guarantee. If you're unsure, maybe that would be a good option so you're not out any more money. If it doesn't work, a new mattress might be your only option. I'm not thrilled at the idea of spending more money two years after we bought this mattress, but I have to be able to sleep. Maybe someone else can chime in with knowledge of whether the latex toppers could make it feel firmer. My gut says no, but I don't know for sure. I hope you find a solution that works for you!
    ...See More
  • rilie
    16 years ago

I think so... I haven't really researched them, but tried a couple out at the store when we were shopping for living room furniture. My first impression was very good. When we shop for a new matress set, I will definitely look into them further.

• tetrazzini
    16 years ago

YES! i like that they're straight from the sap of rubber trees, nothing added. so unless you have a latex allergy, they should be about the least offensive material you can put your head on and inhale for 8 hours a night. there are 2 processes of manufacturing the mattresses, and a few different levels fo firmness. the methods are Dunlopia and Talaly. Talalay is supposedly better.

i was researching them online and i found a company that sells the Talay process latex mattress plain, without any covering at all. no cloth on it, just latex. it was much cheaper than a store bought one. they are firmness number 33, so i tried one out at a store to make sure i found that comfortable. I bought a zip up mattress cover (goes around all sides and zips closed) at an allergy store. i made sure it was OK with the company for me to return it (still wrapped in the original packaging, so it stays clean) if i didn't like it. we've had it for about 3 years now, for my son, and ordered one for my daughter 2 years ago. they're both very happy with them, and they're comfortable. i just removed the mattress cover a few days ago for washing, and the latex looked and smelled perfectly new.

the company is called Central Plastic (tho this is 100% latex, no synthetics in it) and the website is centralplastic.com I just called and the price for the 5 1/2 inch thickness mattress is $623. It's actually gone up a lot since 2004, but the woman i spoke to said all latex prices about doubled that year.

hope this helps! good luck.

• marys1000
    16 years ago

Its hard to find people who have actually slept on any mattress for more than a few months it seems. People ask when doing research, recent buyers post in new retail therepy optimism about their wonderful new purpose then disappear.
    I think I'd like one. But I too noticed that the sides are not firm and I like to sleep right on the side of bed, almost with my face hanging off:)
    Not sure how that'd work.
    I wonder why it takes so long for companies to catch on to consumer comments. I bet most people have the same feelings and they could fairly easily figure out a way to built in some support around the sides when they do the covering.

• postum
    16 years ago

I slept on a latex mattress all through childhood, took it on to college and only got a queen bed when I was married. I loved that mattress!

• nwesterner
    16 years ago

Eganddart49,

I looked up central plastic and saw nothing about mattresses. Used the url you gave, but it went to a fabrication company that didn't seem to have a link to mattress.

• tetrazzini
    16 years ago

nwesterner,

go to the website and in the blue box on the left, click on "foam", then, under "mattress", on "latex".

here's a link to the page: latex mattress

here's their phone number: (602)268-6368.

you can even buy a wool topper for it. we had an old one we used on our daughter's bed. our son's doesn't have one and i can't say there's a big difference. but then again, the wool pad is VERY old, so it probably doesn't have much fluff left.

• mclarke
    16 years ago

We have one, been sleeping on it for about two years.

After about a year, we noticed a bit of "sag" -- two people sleeping makes two little valleys, LOL... but that seems to have stopped. It's quite comfortable, and we'll be keeping it for awhile.

Although last year we almost got seduced by the Sleep Number Bed, but we came to our $en$e$.

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

Yes! We bought a Nature's Rest bed set last year. Dh has allergies, so we needed to purchase something that would not harbor bed mites, etc. We absolutely love it--and it's the most comfortable bed we've ever bought (our last one was a Stearns and Foster). We were recently out of town over a weekend and had a friend stay at our house to watch our animals. When I called to check up on things, the first thing he said was that the animals were fine; the second thing he said was, "Oh my god, your bed is unbelievable!"

We spent more than we would have liked to spend, but it was totally worth it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature's Rest

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the information and keep it coming!

I actually was considering buying one of those Select Comfort mattresses thinking at least we could adjust it to our own comfort level but reviews are either very good or very bad.

The woman at the mattress store where I first tried the latex referred to them as glorified air mattresses!

• johnmari
    16 years ago

"Its hard to find people who have actually slept on any mattress for more than a few months it seems."

Well, that's one of the nuttier comments I've heard lately! Just as an example, the Tempur-Pedic thread was loaded with people, including me, who had had their beds - memory foam and otherwise - for YEARS. There are frequent discussions over on the Furniture forum where people have had their mattresses, of every persuasion, for far longer than "a few months".

To the OP: When I was mattress shopping about 5 years ago it came down to two, the Tempur-Pedic (BTW, not everyone finds them hot, so don't just throw them out without trying it yourself, especially since there are several new models now where you're not sleeping directly on the memory foam) and a Talalay natural latex mattress. The latex was a bit "boingier", more resilient, than the cushier Tempur-Pedic, but had the T-P not been available, I would not have hesitated a moment to buy the latex one. As for the sides squishing when you sit on the edge of the bed - the T-P, like the latex, has no wires or metal frame to stiffen the edge - and it really isn't an issue, they don't stay "squished". Seriously, sitting on the edge of the bed is not a good thing to prioritize when choosing a bed, how much time do you spend perched on the edge of the bed compared to how much time you spend sleeping in it? If you need to sit on something with more support, put a pretty little chair or bench in your bedroom.

One hint though, don't just lie on a bed in the store for a few minutes and call it good. It always shocks me when people lie down for 60 seconds in an unnatural, rigid position that looks like a laid-out corpse :-) and think that is a reasonable evaluation for a mattress! Bring a book, wear really comfortable clothes (like sweats), go sometime when the store isn't crowded/busy and lie down in your natural sleeping position for 20 minutes or half an hour. The salespeople may get cranky but it's your money so politely tell them to leave you alone while you evaluate whether your trick shoulder (or hip, or back) is going to tolerate the mattress. Also, buy from stores that offer a minimum of a 30 day 100%-refund return policy, and don't get rid of your old mattress until you're certain you're pleased with the new one.

• kellywa
    16 years ago

i bought a sealy spring free latex mattress about 18 months ago and love it. i did a ton of research online. there is alot of threads about mattresses over in furniture. there is also a guy "ask the expert" in philadelphia i believe that gives a lot of good info. he will also answer questions on his forum.
    i don't have any back problems but some mattresses (i don't remember which type (coil, latex etc) are not good for example herniated disks.
    good luck.

• housekeeping
    16 years ago

I would only buy a latex mattress, a pure natural Talalay process (not synthetic Talalay) mattress. I've slept on them for all of my life. Actually the one I sleep on now is more than 40 years old. I've had it recovered twice.

The difficulty people have buying a latex mattress is selecting the correct firmness from the wide variety available. The best solution to that is a company called FLOBEDS which makes latex mattress in a many different densities. You pick a couple of cores that seem right, but if they are not, you can keep exchanging them (for free) until you get it right. Plus each side of the mattress can be individually chosen so beds with two sleepers can have different densities. (No you don't fall into the gutter, there's an overall topper and the mattress is encased so it stays together.)

The last latex mattress I purchased was a FLOBED, and I think at least one otehr frequent poster here (Lynn?) bought one recerntly and got the same highly satisfactory c/s.

I don't have the URL, but if you google flobed, I'm sure you'll find it.

If you have a box spring or platform foundation you only need to buy the latex part.

HTH,

Molly

• margib124
    16 years ago

Every time we get in bed, we thank our lucky stars for our latex mattress. We ordered it online from Foam Sweet Foam and it came in 2 relatively small, albeit heavy, boxes. We were sure we ordered the wrong thing but placed it on top of the platform, cut the plastic wrap open and whooosh! we had a mattress. We ordered their standard configuration and swapped the top and middle layer-it is perfection. It is returnable but I do not know how you could ever pack it up small enough to ship anywhere.

I don't know if you looked at whatsthebest-mattress.com but I found them helpful in finding reliable online resource.

• twg7590
    16 years ago

We got the Sealy Reflexions talaylay latex mattress 4 years ago and we love it.

• walkin_yesindeed
    16 years ago

Anyone with a latex mattress have back trouble? DH is making noises about a king bed, so we may be in the market. I have bulging discs and am currently content on a firm Posturepedic with a latex topper... back sufferers, what do you think of your latex?

• wbfarms
    16 years ago

We bought a Jamison Talalay latex mattress almost 7 years ago and have been very happy with it. I sleep on the very edge of it most of the time and have never felt like I was going to roll off it. When we upgrade to a king size we will more than likely get another one because it sleeps so nicely.

• lindasc
    16 years ago

We have just purchased a new one and it is so nice to sleep on one again. When we got our king size bed that was what we bought and it was worn out so my husband decided to go buy one and get a good deal and it was a pillowtop with springs and I could not sleep on it so he told me to find the one I wanted so I would come back to our bed and this was the only thing I would consider. Some laytex has springs in them but I made sure this was solid laytex and now I sleep all night and it sure does seem good. With the other every time he moved I moved and I though he would eventually bounce me in the floor like the commercial on TV. I am a happy sleeper again. Checked out a memory foam but was told that memory foam is loosing its memory and a lot of places have discontinued using it for other projects.

• runninginplace
    16 years ago

Another latex convert here. Bought mine, the Stearns & Foster version of Sealy Newport, a little over a year ago. What a wonderful bed! I have midlife sleeping issues but this mattress gives me the best possible chance of a good night's rest.

This summer on vacation I really appreciated my latex when I had to sleep on a rock hard mattress for a week. Oh, was I happy to get back to my wonderful bed. I literally get in every night and think 'ah, I love this bed'.

As others have said, latex has a unique ability to be both conforming and firm. I don't have the problems I used to have with aching hips or neck anymore. I wouldn't go back to a regular springs-type mattress again.

Ann

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

I just love my FloBed Latex Mattress. I love the 6 layers with three on each side so I can move the latex pieces around to make the bed just the comfort level I like. I love the organic cotton over wool zippered up cover that makes the bed look like a conventional mattress. I love the little bit of cushion I have on top (1" latex topper I have) over my very firm latex cores I chose. I love how I made it perfect before my car accident and my back felt great each morning and I no longer needed to take any allergy medicine before bed since I have no stuffed nose as I sleep or when I wake up like I did with my former conventional spring mattress. I love the split slat box and the legs I got to attach to make the bed the height I wanted. I chose 10" legs so I can store stuff under my bed.

After the car accident (8-19-07) that created 5 herniated disks, I moved my 44 ILD Super Firm Latex Core to the middle of the three Extra Firm 36 ILD Latex Cores instead of on the bottom and that seemed to help out the situation where I wanted even a firmer bed than I had. I am glad I could do this by having the latex cores and not just a bed that I could never change.

When I do have back pain (from my CAR Accident since I did not have back pain at all once I got my Latex Bed and made it perfect for myself) it is mainly in my upper neck/back and is there before getting into my bed and trying to sleep.

If I go to bed without back pain (my car accidents back pain is on and off all day depending on it one of my herniated disks hits a nerve and causes pain), then I fall asleep so comfortably in my wonderful Latex Bed.

I am hoping my pain goes away sooner than later from the Herniated Disks with the doctor's care I am receiving. My bed makes me feel better and does not make the accident's pain worse at all. If I go to bed in back pain then the back pain is just there and it is not the bed's fault since it was a perfect bed and still is to me. Any back pain I have is from the recent car accident causing my recent problems. I had the bed over 90 days before the car accident and I love it. My friend who slept on half my latex cores (I unzipped it and took out three latex cores that I covered with a mattress cover and fitted sheet when she stayed over my home for two nights (one before the car accident and one the night of the car accident), felt my bed was very comfortable and supportive.

I feel blessed to have found my latex bed. Before the car accident, I slept so well with no back pain and woke up refreshed when I got to bed at a reasonable hour. Now, the bed never adds to my pain and always lessens it but of course, if my arms are spasm and my back is in a lot of pain from driving or turning my head too quickly during the day and is somehow still in pain that night, then the herniated disks cause pain before getting into my bed and the pain is just there and it is not the bed's fault and I know the pain would get worse on a regular bed since I tried out a regular bed at a friend's house when I needed to lie down from a lot of back pain from taking a drive in my car and having to look behind me and to the left and right to make sure I could make a turn. I forgot how a conventional mattress to me puts a lot of pressure on my pressure points while my latex bed is more confirming without springs digging into me since I always have slept on a very firm bed (due to my small amount of Scoliosis in my lower back) and I still love a very firm bed.

What I also love about my Latex Bed is if I meet someone who wants a softer bed, I can get softer latex cores for his side of the bed and I can have the firmer side but when the cover is zipped up, it looks like one bed.

By the way, all my latex cores are 100% natural except for the 44 ILD Blended Super Latex Core due to 100% natural Talalay latex not having a firmer 36 ILD Latex Core. I had no problems with allergies (I am allergic to conventional mattresses and had to return one due to the outgassing of the Polyurethane and the other chemicals from a new conventional mattress... my old mattress of 14 to 15 years of age, always caused me post nasal drip and coughing and a stuffed nose.... I have no allergies now before bed since I got my new bed) from adding two blended latex cores so now my bed has 4 natural 36 ILD latex cores and 2 blended latex cores.

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lynn, so sorry about your accident. I cannot imagine living with 5 herniated disks and your testimony about says it all. I hope you continue to improve and sounds like your mattress is a godsend.

Ann, I also have those sleeping issues along with the back pain from one herniated disk. How could you compare your S & F mattress to the Sealy "Newport"? The fact that they change the names of the mattress styles for each store in order to confuse us consumers even more and prevent price comparing is the worst part of this experience.

I am very appreciative of all the information shared here and thanks again to everyone.

• momfromthenorth
    16 years ago

I've read this thread with keen interest. Our 3-week old Simmons mattress already has springs popping down the center --not kidding-- so we are mattress shopping again. Unfortunately when Macy's delivered this one, they took away our old bed (bad mistake on my part - you'd think I know better at my age! ;) and so we are stuck shopping for a new one quickly.

Tinker - Sealy, including the Springfree, makes all of the S&F mattresses - they own S & F. There is a mattress blog at pennlive.com which has alot of great mattress info. You can do a search on it for a specific mattress name or just goole the mattress name and you'll find it eventually.

• crl_
    16 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of Ikea's latex mattress. I'm linking the most expensive, which is still pretty cheap.

Catherine

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea latex mattress

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Thank you Tinker for caring and understanding my pain from the accident. I am still up an need to go to bed. I seem to be now wanting a white alarm clock and phone for my little bedroom table next to my Latex bed that has the Rustic Ivory Headboard. I must stop this decorating obsession and get some sleep. :)I think it is my avoidance of working since I am in pain but tonight the pain has lessened so I feel I will get a good night's sleep. I have to visit a friend in the hospital after my client tomorrow and have so much to do but making my bedroom pretty all of a sudden has become so important. :)

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I like the idea of Flobed's option of changing out the mattress layers if needed but because of the cost, I am not comfortable ordering a mattress online. I will shop locally first and see what I find.

Last night I went to the Sleepy's here and what a joke. They tried me on a memory foam mattress with a latex top and I felt like I was sinking and kind of on wet cement after a few minutes.

Then over to the Kingsdown? or something beds, which are traditional boxsprings and mattresses made with springs and it felt comfy to lay on because of the nice top, but too springy and when I sat on the edge of the bed it went way down and I actually heard and felt a spring go BOINGGGGG!!! lol

Then over to the only latex they carried which was a Vera Wang for Serta at the tune of $2999 for the lowest queen model in the "medium" firmness and I did like the feel but the "gel" top was too thin and they should have just skipped it.

They made me a "deal" of $2400 but no thanks as I am sure it is way overpriced with the Vera name and this weekend I am off to try the Sealy Spring Frees.

• acla
    16 years ago

I'm not sure if my information will be helpful to you, and some people may disagree with me but I guess choosing a matress is a very personal thing. I purchased a new matress about 3 months ago and so far I love it. I sleep better than I have in a while. It's a Simmons Beautyrest with pockted coils, a latex layer and a pillow top. It also has reinforced edges. The pocketed coils help to decrease the transfer of motion and I love how the latex molds to my body but at the same time doesn't give me a sinking feeling. I also like the softness of the pillow top.

My husband and I also upgraded from a Queen to a King and I am so glad we did. Between us and our cat, a queen was just not big enough :)

I've included a link of the matress we bought from the store we bought it. It may help you get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Good luck in your search!

Here is a link that might be useful: Matress

• momfromthenorth
    16 years ago

Alifeyl - have you noticed any sagging in your Sealy latex mattress yes? Do you have a king size? TIA

Am bumping this up to see if anyone else can comment on latex mattresses.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Tinker, You will pay less for a Flobed with 90 days guarantee than the $2400.00. Also everytime the price goes down, you can write Dave and he credits your credit card for the difference in a few days. While I had my bed, the slat box was discounted to No Cost during the 90 days, so he gave me credit for this and another sale he had. I did so many exchanges until I was happy but I also knew if the latex bed was not for me, I would return it.

I also liked the Dormia Milan at Sleepies but they were so sleezy lying I could first try it out and then telling me I could only exchange it, that I cancelled my contract within the three days allowable in NJ before delivery took place.

Good luck in your search.

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I went out shopping again last night and only found one Serta Spring Free II style (all latex) and very firm to me and on sale for $1799 from $1999 so I assume maybe the lowest model in the line. It had no type of pillow or Euro top which added to the firm feel. Interesting that they had the expensive memory foam Temperpedic beds and the sales person was very honest and said she hardly shows them as they are hard to get, expensive and people say they are too hot.

In that department store I liked a Simmons Beautyrest similar to what acla described, which has the indivual coils plus three foams layers on top of visco, latex and another. The mattress is also available in "firm or plush top" and a very good price of $1049 from $2099. It was the only one I tried that felt supportive when I moved with that "holding" feeling, which is what I need with this back of mine as it is so vulnerable and could "go out" just by turning too fast in bed.

Second department store only had one latex bed by Therapedic (never heard of it) claiming to be all "natural" with a cover made from bamboo and cashmere. It was the Pure Touch Natural Sensations style but from reading the store display the cover was the most "natural" feature and only 2" of natural talalay latex the 3" of some sort of synthetic foam layered with "various other foams" so a bit of a disappointment. It was comfy though and a good price of $1599 for $1199 for a queen but edges not supportive at all and the quality was questionable in my eyes.

Lynn, what is the cost of shipping back a Flo Bed, how do you package it and do you do a UPS pickup or have to take it to a shipping facility?

I haven't ruled out the Flobed as find being able to switch out the inside very tempting so still is the running.

Another new factor in the scenerio are the various return policies with the first store having a "30 day comfort" warranty and if you dislike the mattress you have two weeks after the 30 days to choose another and it will be delivered and switched at no charge. Unless I can find something I am 99% sure, or a store with a similar policy, of I will more than likely try to purchase from that store.
    (Sleepy's said no returns as did Dept. Store #2).

The saga continues and today a rainy one so I am on another mission to find a store that hopefully carries more styles in the Sealy Spring Free.

• momfromthenorth
    16 years ago

bump ;)

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

The first time, I had the UPS pick up my boxes since there were so many being returned. The cost for pick-up was so low that I can hardly remember what it was. I know I had saw online the prices of the product had dropped so I got a credit and Dave sent me shipping labels back so I only saw a credit going to my credit card.

The second time, I took the boxes to the UPS store with the attached UPS labels and the store's owner said I owed nothing since once of the boxes included a new topper that was too big for my bed.

I do not think it is a lot to send back and it is much cheaper than paying the mattress comfort exchange fee at Sleepies and then being forced to buy a new bed from them with no more comfort exchanges.

To me the peace of mind knowing I had 90 days to get a full refund if I changed my mind, being able to shrink the latex pieces to make them smaller for shipping back, the 90 day exchange of latex cores so I could exchange as many times as I needed to get my comfort level, the customer service I read about and received and the fact that every time I saw a price decline on the website within 90 days of when I bought the bed, I would just have to inform Dave and I got a credit immediately to my credit card for the new discounted price, all were factors for me in choosing FloBeds for my first latex bed experience.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Tinker, Do a search on Latex Mattresses and you will come up on old threads with over 100 postings to help you decide.

• kingding3
    16 years ago

. Latex mattresses can be differentiated on the basis of their foam densities. Higher the density, higher is the quality. Since your body is not flat, latex mattress win over spring ones, by adapting to your shape, thereby distributing the body weight uniformly and preventing any pressure points while sleeping. A good nights sleep can do wonders, energizing the body to face the next day. So what if itÂs a little more expensive? The face that one third of a manÂs life is spent on his bed should be a reason enough to consider these latex mattresses.