SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannak_gw

Pulling condensate into AC fan below

jannak
16 years ago

I moved into my house last summer. The house is 2 story and I am only running the downstairs unit. The AC system was supposed to be 1 year old when I moved in. Last summer when it was really humid I noticed condensate would leak into a closet that is right below my inside unit. I had a home warranty and the company sent out a tech. He changed out the drain line setup and blew out the lines. The same problem happened a month later. He came back out and told me the fan was sucking water out of the evaporator and "turned down" the fan speed. He also adjusted the coolant amount in the system. It seemed to fix the problem for a month or so. This summer in Texas has been extremely humid. Every time I turn on the central unit I have about a pint of water per hour draining into my closet. I opened the panel and can tell the water is being sucked from the evaporator coil into the fan box below. The water then leaks down into the closet below. I plan to have a tech come out (not the previous one that did not fix the problem), but I want to have some idea of how to fix the problem before he gets here. Sorry this is so long!

Comments (3)