SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

Dryer woes: booster fan or new dryer?

newenglandsara2
12 years ago

Hi All,

We are experiencing some major dryer issues! We bought our Kenmore electric dryer about four years ago, and it never did a great job with drying. I sometimes needed to do a follow-up dry cycle. We moved to a new house a few months ago, and the laundry room is in the center of the house. We knew that this would be tough on dryer venting since the vent has such a long run. As it turns out, I now need to ALWAYS run the dryer a second time through. My husband has cleared the vent, but it makes no difference.

We are trying to figure out if we should invest in a dryer booster fan or in a new dryer with more power. A booster fan in our small laundry room would take up space and would require some installation into the wall. Then again, a new dryer would be pricey; and we are not sure if they make dryers with powerful enough fans to deal with our situation. We are feeling in over our heads, and I welcome suggestions from others who have been in this situation and/or who know a lot about dryer venting. :-)

Thanks so much!

Sara

Comments (9)